IUI Treatment in Delhi
Intra Uterine Insemination involves introducing prepared sperm into the uterus around the time of egg release. The treatment is initially recommended for unexplained infertility when the male partner has fertile sperm and female partner has healthy Fallopian Tubes. It gives the benefit of increasing the number of sperm that reach the fallopian tubes to improve occurrence of fertilization. Monitoring egg production for health, numbers, and timing of the release is carried out. The treatment is a simple and noninvasive and may, therefore, be repeated more easily. It is also a low-cost option compared with IVF.
When is this suggested?
- Unexplained infertility
- Low sperm count
- Ejaculation dysfunction
- Reduced sperm motility
- Cervical mucus hostile condition, that is unsuitable for sperm motility
- Cervical scar tissue from earlier treatment obstructing sperm movement within the uterus
What is involved?
- When required the woman is given fertility drugs to stimulate egg maturing and increase the success rate.
- The patient is monitored for Luteinizing Hormone (LH) surge, indicating the approach of ovulation, usually within 24-36 hours. She may also be tracked to ensure healthy egg production. Meanwhile, sperm is collected, washed and prepared for sperm concentration.
- The sperm is then directly placed in the uterus. The procedure requires just a few minutes and causes minimal discomfort. The patient may leave after a brief rest.
- She may be required to be reviewed to check whether the procedure was successful.
- She is then advised to report any signs and symptoms of pregnancy.